How to create a win-win experience between a client and a project manager, from a large scale web design project to a simple 1-hour web maintenance request?
A project manager understand the requirement of customer and their expectation; A project manager understand the scope of the work, its technical requirement and the best solution that work best for the customer and the development. The result- Satisfied Customer!
Project dispute and not-meeting-the-deadline are not something new to many web design companies. I have invited Wanching, our project manager, to share with us how she solved those problems:
- Personal acknowledgment after receiving request, not an auto-reply email.
- Go through the request and cross check with the existing content.
- Discuss with the development team on the request.
- Call or email customer if there is any question.
- Make sure the request is fully understand before passing the task to the development team.
- Communicate with the development team and give clear instruction with detail.
- Instruction with details is important because it will certainly cut down the development time.
- Once the request was done, double check the changes and inform the customer.