How to create a win-win experience between a client and a project manager...
How to create a win-win experience between a client and a project manager, from a large scale web design project to a simple 1-hour web maintenance request?
A project manager understand the requirement of customer and their expectation; A project manager understand the scope of the work, its technical requirement and the best solution that work best for the customer and the development. The result- Satisfied Customer!
Project dispute and not-meeting-the-deadline are not something new to many web design companies. I have invited Wanching, our project manager, to share with us how she solved those problems:
- Personal acknowledgment after receiving request, not an auto-reply email.
- Go through the request and cross check with the existing content.
- Discuss with the development team on the request.
- Call or email customer if there is any question.
- Make sure the request is fully understand before passing the task to the development team.
- Communicate with the development team and give clear instruction with detail.
- Instruction with details is important because it will certainly cut down the development time.
- Once the request was done, double check the changes and inform the customer.
Related Post To Project Management
Web Design Architect
I Hate Big Pencil
Brand to Blame!
3 thoughts on “Project Manager, The Key to Web Design”
A project manager with technical background will be a plus. With technical know-how, a project manager will be able to advise to customers and discuss and deliver the requirement to the development team.
Dear Sir or Madam,
Let me introduce myself and give you a brief background of where I am coming from. I am from iPay88 Malaysia providing payment solution on e-commerce gateway platform.
iPay88 offers comprehensive online payment modes such as Credit Card (International Visa and MasterCard), Dollar (International Gateway), Online Accout Debiting (like Maybank2U, CIMBClicks, PBeBank, RHB Online, Hong Leong Online, etc.) Electronic-Wallet (like Mobile Money, MEPSCASH, etc.) and Easy Payment Scheme plus other valued added services at very competitive rates.
With iPay88, your customer can use the above payment mode to pay you for their purchase over the Internet in fast, convenient and secure way. Beside that, we also provide profit sharing.
Hope to meet up with you to propose how iPay88 able to help you to expand your business worldwide.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks and have a nice day !
iPay88 Sdn Bhd
Tel: 03-9200 5555 (EXT 266)
Fax: 03-9200 3333
Thanks MK, my partner will get back to you on this. A quick one, what is the commission and one time transaction fee looks like? Do you enforce retention of payment and releasing it in batches?