If you want to retrieve your email with your iPhone, you have two options. Firstly, iPhone Mail allows you to access your email account in a way similar to email clients such as Internet Mail, Outlook or Outlook Express. Hereâ€™s how you do it:
Setup email on the iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4
On the Settings screen, tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”. Go to Add Account and select “Other” from the Welcome to Mail screen. Select “Add Mail Account”
Welcome to Mail screen
1) Name: Any Name
2) Address: Enter your email address.
3) Password: Enter your password for your email account.
4) Description: Any Description
Click “Next” and select “IMAP”
On the Incoming Mail Server screen, press “Enter”
1) Host Name: imap.emailsrvr.com
2) User Name: Enter your full email address as your user name
3) Password: Enter the password from your email account
On the Outgoing Mail Server screen, press “Enter”
1) Host Name: smtp.emailsrvr.com
2) User Name: Enter your full email address as your user name.
3) Password: Enter the password from your email account.
Click “Next” again. Your iPhone will try to verify your settings. Do not panic if you see a “Cannot connect using SSL” warning. Choose setting up your email account WITHOUT SSL.
When everything is ready, press on Advanced and make sure you have the following settings:
1) Use SSL: Off
2) Authentication: Password
3) Server Port: 143
Attention to iPad user, please reboot your device after setup. Or else, your new account will not be found inside Mail. Hold Home and On/Off button for more than 4 seconds to reboot your device.