1.com.my
Related Categories: About
4 Day Work Week at 1.com.my
July 9th, 2008 | Posted by Pin

It’s official! After months of improvising process flows and reducing operation workloads, we are finally ready to start the 4-Day Work Week trial.

Yes, it’s going to mean that all employees at 1.com.my will only report to work 4 days in a week, Monday to Thursday. And there’s no requirement to “work from home” during the new 3-day long weekend. All other public holidays will still apply.

I’m not sure how many companies out there are already practicing this, but in light of the rising fuel price, this is one way we hope to reduce the toll on our staff. Besides, whoever said performance was related to the number of hours clocked in a week?

Also, starting 14th July, all enquiries should be forwarded directly via our 24/7 Online Enquiry Form. That would also mean that our telephone operators will no longer be operational. No fret though, the good old fax machine will still be on stand-by 24/7.

Why 4 Days?

You may want to take a look at our related posts
Read on the go: handpicked articles from this site
Tags: ,

11 Responses to “4 Day Work Week at 1.com.my”

yong said:
July 9th, 2008

It’s not always bad to have the figure drop from 5 to 4 especially when we are referring to the number of working days. Boss, I’m ready!

Earnpin Lee said:
July 9th, 2008

Lucky this is not refering to PageRank. We have increased from 5 to 6 after about a year. Hopefully, to go into 7 one day :)

hKK said:
July 9th, 2008

That’s a very cool step as an employer!

marcus said:
July 10th, 2008

Hopefully soon enough in future, we will also be able to cut down the unnecessary steps, processes, costs and practice the whole new implementation.

TG said:
July 12th, 2008

Always good to have a new idea, especially when it is innovative and practical, & esp. when it means we can all save time, petrol & electric costs at the same time!

I am sure it will work out well for WESO!

My New Office in Starbucks » Stone Soup of an Online Business said:
July 24th, 2008

[...] next? I asked myself after we switch to 4 day work week last [...]

Peter said:
July 25th, 2008

Wow, 4 days. 1st of its kind. Where to find such a boss, well only in 1.com.my =D Are you hiring, pin? kekek

Earnpin Lee said:
July 25th, 2008

You’re already in the Team, Peter :)

lye said:
August 14th, 2008

Instead of that , i wish i could work from home. Do you want anyone like that ? Outside world is full of scam. I wish i could get a real one. Haha. Take it fun and seriouosly to consider it. Thank you .

Earnpin Lee said:
August 14th, 2008

I wish to change the place to work too. Either from office to SOHO or vice versa. I have a friend who work from home and is now looking for a nine to five job. She told me, she need a change. Come to think about it, you meet more people in office and it’s a lot fun too.

JC said:
September 4th, 2009

How nice to have 4-day week. What about other flexibility? If you have something important, can go to work later or leave earlier? Lunch hour flexible? With a condition that both party agreed that this is a result oriented work place. As long as you get the work done, you’re good.

Dream… dream…

Leave your comment

Name (required)
Email (required) (will not be published)
Website

Contact us
I'd like to enquire about... Choose your next step!
This Month's Response Time: 17 Mins